Thursday, September 1, 2011

IT'S ONLY IN MY DREAMS !!!

This is my post for Red Tuna and O.B.N.'s contest they are putting on.


THE TRIP I CAN ONLY DREAM OF!!




If I could choose one place to go fishing and one place only, it would be the place I have seen while my eyes are closed and the dreams run wild.  There is a place that I have a reoccurring dream about and it is one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen.  It is a stream where the trout grow as big as a lake trout.  It is a place where every time that I manage to trick a fish into taking my fly, it snaps my leader.  Broken fly rods and fly lines wrapped up in underwater root systems are a regular part of this dream.  Many times I have been there fishing with friends, family and even people I have never seen before.  At every bend there is a hole with huge trout hiding out in it.  The banks are lined with waist high grass and every single hole is fishable.  It winds through the wilderness like a huge snake.



  The color of the water is a dark bluish green mix, with the holes looking almost black in color.  In one dream I was pulled from the bank into the depths of the hole that seemed to be bottomless.  Every time I awake from this dream, my heart is racing and I am sure that the dream was a reality.  I have fought fish for what seems to be an eternity in this dream.  Where is this place???  Does it really exist and is it just sitting there awaiting my arrival???  I hope so.  Has anyone else discovered this spot yet and if so, have they been lucky enough to bring one of it's mammoth sized trout to hand??  I hope someday that I am able to find this place.  I will be prepared for the unexpected, learning from all the mistakes I have made in my dreams.  It will be a dream come true.  Please, if you know where this place is, let me know.  I promise if I find this place, I will take all of you there with me!! 



Until Next Time.....Tight Lines !!!!!!  
Thanks again O.B.N. and Red Tuna!!!

6 comments:

  1. Murphyfish,
    Thanks a lot. Glad to hear you liked this post. True Story. Tight Lines.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Freakin awesome dream pictures.Be open to your dreams, people. Embrace that distant shore. Because our mortal journey is over all too soon.
    Lonesome H

    ReplyDelete
  3. TM,

    I thought I had another stroke when I viewed this.

    Great perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grey Wolf,
    Thanks a lot bro. If a person doesn't dream then things become to set in stone. Only thing stopping someone from finding their dream is lack of trying. One day I will find that dream stream and when I do I will set up my teepee for life and smoke my peace pipe until the sun goes down :) Tight Lines bro.

    ReplyDelete
  5. BrkTrt,
    Oh man sorry for the scare :0 Thanks much for the kind words. Tight Lines.

    ReplyDelete

Cast your line here...Thanks!

Early Season Winter 2013

Youtube MaGee

How to tie the " Baby Brook Trout"


Who Is Trout MaGee

My photo
Driftless Area, SW Wisconsin, United States
I am an easygoing person who likes to fish and just enjoy life. I have a family, a beautiful wife and two(soon to be three), awesome children that make my world go round. I enjoy fishing,photography and being out in nature.

Basic Studios

Basic Studios

SW Wisconsins Driftless Area Weather


Other Great Fishing/Outdoor Blogs

STRAIGHT FROM MY MIND TO YOURS

STRAIGHT FROM MY MIND TO YOURS

ST.CROIX For Life

ST.CROIX For Life
Best Rods on Earth